Needless to say, I haven’t posted much lately. It’s been a really crazy few months, to be honest. Okay, when is life ever not crazy? In updated news about my life… I’m moving… far. I’m heading down to Orlando, FL this coming week. Yesterday was my last day at my “current” job, and I’ll be starting a new job in just a few short weeks! I’m really excited for this new adventure in life. My husband has been wanting to move back to Orlando (he lived there for 3 years) for a long time. I, on the other hand, have not been willing to move out of state. My family was my priority for the past few years. And though leaving them is going to be incredibly difficult, I know that it’s time to venture out into the great big world and find our own niche together. And so we’re off… err, I’m off. Funny how things work out, huh?
So, with that little update, I now proceed to the important part of this post—a new recipe!!
Grain Free Crunchy Caramelized Almond Pound Cake
4 eggs (3 yolks, 3 whites, 1 whole egg)
½ cup granulated sugar (organic is best)
½ cup grass-fed butter, softened (Kerry Gold is my favorite brand)
1 ¼ cup almond flour
½ cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon almond extract
½ cup melted grass-fed butter
1/3 cup brown sugar (organic is best)
– In a medium bowl, beat the 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
– In a separate bowl, beat the 3 yolks plus the whole egg with the ½ cup granulated sugar. Once that is a creamy yellow color, add in the ½ cup softened butter; continue to beat.
– Into the egg mixture, add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, and almond extract. Beat it all together.
– By hand, mix in about 1/3 of the egg whites. Then gently fold in the other 2/3 of the egg whites.
– In the bottom of a bunt pan, pour in the melted butter and sprinkle around the brown sugar on top of the butter. Then pour in the cake batter.
– Bake at 350°F for about 35 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes and pop out of the pan to finish cooling.